ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4 question with usage in JBoss
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:13:42 GMT
--- jp Morgan <jpmorganh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had problem with the same exception. But when I
> changed line 16 to the following line everything
> worked. I just added the value attribute.
>
>  <property name="env" environment="env" value="env" />

That's not the right solution, and probably shouldn't really work
(although it does save typing another <property> task :) What you've done
in the above is to both load your environment variables in as properties
that are prefixed with "env" (eg., you'd reference your HOME environment
variable as ${env.HOME}), as well as to set an actual property called
"env" to the value "env".  (Guess we need to decide whether it's okay to
allow a single <property> task to both set a property and load in the
environment vars or to beef up the error-checking for <property>.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)