ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build times unix/windows
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:50:50 GMT
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 06:51, Troy Gould wrote:
> This sounds really odd, but it's taking way longer for ant to work on a
> unix box versus a windows box.
> Doing a javac with the same version of the jdk (1.3.1)  takes 19 seconds
> on windows 2000 and 50 seconds on Unix.
> I'm also doing a bunch of ejb-c for Weblogic 6.1 and these are also
> taking signifigantly longer on Unix.
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Does javac just take longer on unix?

Generally it takes a shorter amount of time because most unix filesystems are
faster to access.

What is different between two systems? What unix are you building on? Is the
unix running of a slower filesystem or a remote filesystem (ie NFS/SMB
mounted or other?). Are you using equivelent JVMs etc.

--
Cheers,

Pete

| Trying is the first step to failure.           |
|   So never try, Lisa  - Homer Jay Simpson      |