ant-user mailing list archives

From Saneesh Joseph <sanee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with ejbc and jikes
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:42:59 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to use jikes compiler in my ant ejbc step
to make it faster. Our current build takes close to an
hour. We are using Toplink for Weblogic for CMP. I am
supplying all the toplink xml-descriptors, ejb-jar and
weblogic xmls and the home,remote and implementation
classes in one jar(which comes to around 400 files) as
the input to ejbc. During ejbc, TopLink creates some
java files for its use and compiles them, which are
inturn used by some other similarly generated java
files. For example, lets assume we have an entity bean
Ebean. Toplink creates class EbeanPS.class and another
javafile EbeanPSTopLink.java which implements EbeanPS.
Now, when I am using the regular javac/classic
compilers, it is going through fine. But, when I am
using jikes as the compiler, it doesn't go through
saying that "While compiling EbeanPSTopLink.java, it
couldn't find EbeanPS.class". Now, when I examined the
ejbcgen directory, I could see the required class
under it. I tried giving the ejbcgen directory in the
classpath, but ejbc errored out saying that the
destination file of ejbc can't be given in classpath.
The following is the step which I am using in my
build.xml :-
<java classname="weblogic.ejbc"
          fork="yes"
          failonerror="yes"
          classpathref="project.class.path">

       <arg value="-compiler" />
       <arg value="jikes" />
       <arg value="-nowarn" />
       <arg value="Beans.jar" />
      <arg value="BeansEJBC.jar" />
    </java>
Any help on the above issue is greatly appreciated..
Thanks and Regards,
Saneesh J.