ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to javac *only* the .java file I am currently editting?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:58:55 GMT
On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 05:57, Matthew Inger wrote:
> Java was not meant to "replace" C or C++.

Sure it was. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...

> I was
> to provide a platform independent alternative, which
> removed the most common mistakes that programmers made
> (ie, pointers, and multiple inhertance [ sigh....]).

You mean they improved on the C/C++ model when creating the replacement?
shock, horror!

> Unless they decide to port the java vm to be written in
> assembly, then Java can never be seen as C/C++ replacement.

Already most of the JVMs are written in Java ... give it a few more years and
wait to see what comes out ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and
human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." -Albert Einstein