ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to javac *only* the .java file I am currently editting?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:34:11 GMT
My fellow Minnesotan,

I hope that the comment about C++ was also sarcasm??? <wink, wink>

--Jim

--- David Stagner <dstagner@nmdp.org> wrote:
> Diane Holt wrote:
> >
> > --- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Ummm... given that "C/C++" has had pointers (while java doesnt)
> > > for *decades*, doesn't this strike you as kind of a glaring
> > > omission for a language that seeks to replace "C/C++", and
> > > whose documentation talks about "C/C++"'s shortcomings?
> >
> > I can see trying to replace C++ with Java making sense, but isn't
> all the
> > JVM stuff itself written in C?  How do they expect to replace C
> with Java
> > when they're using it to even have Java in the first place?
>
> I think Peter Donald's comment was meant as sarcasm, in response to
> complaints that Ant doesn't do some things that Make does.
> Personally,
> i find both Ant and Make useful, for different but related tasks.  I
> also find both Java and C useful.  I'm still looking for a use for
> C++.
> :}
> --
>
> David Stagner
>
> National Marrow Donor Program
> 3001 Broadway Street NE
> Broadway Ridge Suite 500
> Minneapolis, MN  55413
>
> Email: dstagner@nmdp.org

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and
I am trusting himů"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)