ant-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: Getting around JspC re-precompiling
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:41:27 GMT

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the note (apologies, Diane, for missing your first reply!).

Am new to the apply task - thought from the documentation that it only checks
timestamps against a *single* destination file?  I don't have any included
files, so just want to re-pre-compile only those which have changed.

Any ideas how to modify your code to do that?

Dave on 09/13/2001 03:46:58 AM

Please respond to

cc:    (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  RE: Getting around JspC re-precompiling

Be careful though that one file is not included in the other. The file
that has changed timestamps may well be included in many other files,
but not require compilation itself. I don't see an easy way round this
short of using clearcase config recs (we use clearcase) so we are going
to recompile them all whenever one is out of date.

cheers, jamie

PS here is the relevant bit from the build file (the is
an ugly hack to make the file names relative as our jsp compiler bombs
out if you pass the full path name):

<target name="jspc">
  Processing JSPs in Web
 <apply executable="/sbcimp/run/pd/perl/prod/bin/perl" parallel="true"
  <arg line="/home/echlinja/"/>
  <arg value="java"/>
  <arg value="-classpath"/>
  <arg value="JSPC"/>

  <arg value="-v"/>
  <arg value="-d" />
  <arg value="WEB-INF/classes" />
  <fileset dir="${src.dir.root}/JSPC" includes="**/*.jsp"
excludesfile="${src.dir.root}/JSPC/exclusions.txt" />
  <mapper type="glob" from="*.jsp" to="*.class"/>
  <!-- mapper type="regexp" from="(.*).jsp$$" to="\1.class"/ -->