ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Telnet Task - how to work with variables in write commands
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:57:04 GMT
I am able to do the following in a write command:

<read>login:</read>
<write string="${username}"/>

I am using ant 1.3.  Are you sure that optional.jar
and NetComponents.jar are in your CLASSPATH?
i.e.
CLASSPATH=c:\ant\lib\optional.jar;c:\ant\lib\NetComponents.jar;%CLASSPATH%

I have not tried to name the server as a variable,
but the username and password are passed in as
variables (i.e. -Dusername=jim)

Hope this helps, or at least provides a clue.
--Jim

--- Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de wrote:
> I tried to use properties in telnet write - tags,
> but the properties don't get replaced before
> execution.
>
> f.e.
>      <telnet
>           server="${deployment.server}"
>           initialCR="YES">
>        <read>ogin:</read>
>        <write>wasadm</write>
>        <write>was#9436</write>
>        <read>ome/wasadm</read>
>
>        <read>ome/wasadm</read>
>        <write>cd
> projects/${ant.projekt.name}</write>
>
>        <write>exit</write>
>        <read>logout</read>
>      </telnet>
>
> I also recognized that working with <env> tags is
> not
> possible in telnet tasks.
>
> f.e.
>        <env>export
> ANT_PROJEKT=${ant.projekt.name}</env>
>        <write>cd projects</write>
>        <write>cd $ANT_PROJEKT</write>
>
> Is there any possibility to work with variables in
> telnet tags?
>
> Any help is very much appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> A. Grimm

> MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
> Anton Grimm
> Abt. IDP (SoftwareProduktionsumgebungen)
> Dachauerstr.667
> 80995 München
>
> Tel.:      089/1580-1054
> Fax:      089/1580-911054