ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Healy <>
Subject Re: vssget from UNIX
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:03:26 GMT
At 1000142656s since epoch (09/10/01 15:24:16 -0400 UTC), Eddie Espino wrote:
> company which provides VSS for unix, but I am not sure how it works with
> the repository stored on the Windows environment.

It's called Source Offsite (  No source
available, but they have binaries for x86 linux and Solaris (and windows).
It is actually (IMNSHO) a better way to use SourceSafe than VSS itself; it's
client-server, TCP/IP, and thus can be tunneled through firewalls.

I haven't used the command-line client, but it does supposedly exist (manual
is up at  So it should be
possible to script the whole thing from within Ant.

Jason Healy    |
LogN Systems   |

View raw message