ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: properties
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:46:26 GMT
--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > what are the rules around overrides?
>
> you can't overide in the same project. You can "fake" it using antcall
> or ant and specifying property parameters to it however in same project
> properties are immutable.

I don't think I'd call overriding using <antcall>/<ant> "faking" it, since
that capability was provided on purpose, and the override is only in
effect during the <antcall>/<ant> -- but (as someone pointed out awhile
back), you actually can "fake" it using the <available> task (just check
for something that's always guaranteed to be found).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)