ant-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Lord <p.l...@russet.org.uk>
Subject Re: Ant with JDE
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:24:12 GMT

  Ralph> Hello, I am using Ant (from the Apache project) to build my
  Ralph> code. Since Ant produces unknown error text I tried to add
  Ralph> the regexp to the 'compilation-error-regexp-alist' variable.

  Ralph> I added the following lines to my .emacs: ;;
  Ralph> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Ralph> ;; Add error handling for ANT error messaqes ;;
  Ralph> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Ralph> (add-hook 'compilation-mode-hook (lambda () (add-to-list
  Ralph> 'compilation-error-regexp-alist '("\\[[a-z]+\\] \\([^:
  Ralph> \t]+\\):\\([0-9]+\\):" 1 2) )))

  Ralph> But it does not work, ie. there is no error message but it
  Ralph> doesn't do anything.  I know that I can use ant with the
  Ralph> -emacs flag for Emacs error messages, but I would like to
  Ralph> have the default Ant error messages.

        The default error messages don't really add that much to be
honest. Its mostly obvious what task the error is coming from by its
content.

        Recent version of the JDE come with explicit support for
launching ant as a build tool. Its sets up the various options that
you need using JDE's standard customisation procedure. If you do not
have a version which does this its probably worth getting.

        Cheers

        Phil