ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: like to know the syntax for using replacetoken, replacevalue & CD ATA
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 00:04:09 GMT
--- "Aronszajn, Mark" <maronsza@fhcrc.org> wrote:
> I'm basically interested in getting a bunch of replacements done with a
> single replace task, so I was interested in the examples that use
> replacetoken/replacevalue as imbedded tags, but (as far as I've seen)
> the manual only gives examples using
> 	"<![CDATA[...]]>"
> inside the tags to specify the thing to be replaced...

Well, you don't need the CDATA part, if that's what you mean -- you can
just do:
      <replacetoken>aples
ornges</replacetoken>
      <replacevalue>apples and oranges</replacevalue>

I guess I'm not sure what you're looking to do -- do you actually have
multi-line replaces you need to do?  If you just have a number of replaces
you need to do, you can just use the nested <replacefilter>, yes?
      <replacefilter
        token="aples"
        value="apples"/>
      <replacefilter