ant-user mailing list archives

From Craig Longman <cra...@begeek.com>
Subject Re: global properties
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:07:02 GMT
On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 13:41, Diane Holt wrote:
> --- Craig Longman <craigl@begeek.com> wrote:
> > to answer my own question, and basically exclude this type of solution,
> > i think the reason it doesn't work is that ant runs the 'check' target
> > the first time, but then assumes that target is now _done_.  so the next
> > depends="check" is just silently skipped, as that target was already
> > executed.  is this right?
>
> Yep.

sigh.

i guess there is no way to indicate that a target should _always_ be
executed, regardless of what ant thinks?  this also sounds like it might
be something that could be of some use.  sure would be here, the only
other 'solution' would be to have a separate target to check for each
target that needs checking.  thats probably as confusing as it sounds
(!? ;-)

cheers,

     CraigL->Thx();