ant-user mailing list archives

From "peter" <petertal...@btinternet.com>
Subject new ant user
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:59:27 GMT
hi

i'm new to ant and am not sure what to do.  I'm playing about with struts
and finding it a real pain to keep recompiling java classes etc.  I've been
told that using ant is a nice way to develop web apps.  I'm reading the ant
manual but making slow progress, so would appreciate it if someone could
send me an example build file for a simple struts application.

Does ant automatically produce .war files, or do I have to explicitly state
that what I want produced is a .war file.

Please bear with my ignorance regarding this subject.  I am new to ant and
have never even used a makefile utility before, although I am starting to
see their usefulness.

Many thanks

Peter