ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tarun Garg" <tar...@induslogic.com>
Subject property
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:50:25 GMT
I have a big project with many subprojects in it.
I've written a build.xml for each subproject and one build.xml for the main
project.
A lot of these subprojects are dependent on each other.
Lets say I have subprojects A,B,C,D,E and F.
A is dependent on B and C.
B is dependent on D.
C is dependent on D and E.
D is dependent on E.
F is dependent on E.

Now I want that the individual build.xml files for each subproject should
completely build that subproject.
For that I've used <Ant> task.
So the compilation target of each build.xml depends on a target which calls
ant for all the other subprojects that need be there.
Now when I am writing the build.xml for the main project, I want to build
all the subprojects.
Here again I am using the <Ant> task.

The problem here is that ant calls the target again and again for a
subproject every time it comes in the dependency of another subproject. This
increases the build time considerably even when the subprojects are already
uptodate.
I tried to solve this problem by setting a property in every subproject and
checking it whenever it is called again. But I have now discovered that the
property set during one ant call does not carry forward to the other one.
How can I solve this problem ?