ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject JavaReport Ant Article
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:40:23 GMT
I just wanted to pass along an article I just read in JavaReport, titled
"Java Primer - Ant build process mini how-to"

http://www.javareport.com/html/from_pages/article.asp?id=4856&mon=10&yr=2001

There was one point that caught my attention that I thought was inaccurate,
or at least not entirely accurate.  The first detraction about Ant listed
is: "It lacks support for incorporating OS-specific environment variables in
the build, as this construct is not portable and not supported directly by
Java."

<property environment="env"/> incorporates environment variables as Ant
properties, prefixed by "env.".   But environment variable names are of
course OS-specific, and there are tricks that can be done to map different
names into a single property name (not pretty, but it works).

    Erik