ant-user mailing list archives

From "JohnA" <john.mli...@arrizza.com>
Subject Re: How to specify the location of the compiler?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2001 05:15:49 GMT
The following message was posted a while back. Was it ever done?

(I've searched the ant-user ant-dev archives but couldnt't find anything - may have been an
incorrect search though).

John

Subject:  Re: How to specify the location of the compiler ?
From:     Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com>
Date:     2001-02-13 17:39:44

--- Stefan Lecho <Stefan.Lecho@iconmedialab.com> wrote:
> As far as I understand, Ant uses the PATH environment settings
> to execute the compiler. Is there a possibility to define the location
> of the compiler in the build or property file ?
>
> Something similar to
> <property name="compiler.location" value="compilers/jikes/bin"/>

Actually, that's not a bad idea, having an attribute for <javac> that can
take a full-path to the compiler-- much like the <java> task has a "jvm"
attribute that can take a full-path to the 'java' to execute. Want to look
into adding it? (Keeping in mind that just because I think it could be a
good idea doesn't necessarily mean everyone will :)  Pass it by ant-dev
once you have a patch.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)