ant-user mailing list archives

From "JohnA" <john.mli...@arrizza.com>
Subject properties
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:08:12 GMT
I've searched the doc for information about properties in the doc but I can't seem to find
a clear answer to:

1) what are the built-in properties, if any?
    in other words, if I don't define any <property .../> are there still some values
I can get to using ${}?

 I know that
     <project name="xx">
     <jar jarfile="${project.name}.jar""/>
doesn't work because I tried it...

2) what are the scoping rules for properties?
It seems that if a property is defined

<project>
  <property name="x" value="val"/>
</project>

then it is visible to all targets. But if it is defined in a target, it is visible in that
target and then to all subsequent
targets. But I'm only guessing.

what are the rules around overrides?
e.g. if a property is defined in the <project> </project> and also defined in
a target, what value is used in subsequent targets?

John