ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: nested targets and calling a target from a command line?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 10:28:52 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Edgar Sánchez" <vesanchez@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: nested targets and calling a target from a command line?

> > [ Targets nested inside another Target not possible]
> >
> > >   Uhh thats bad :-)
> >
> > Do you mind to tell us: WHY?
> >
> Don't worry, is just a mexican meanning!! :-P
>    it translate as..."uhh que mal"

Sorry, I still do not understand it. You asked about nesting targets inside
targets, some people answered that it's not possible, but they would like to
know why you need such a feature.

Have you found another way without nesting targets inside targets or do you
still think it would be nice to be able to nest targets inside targets?

If so, it would be nice if you tell us what you would like accomplish with
the use of nested targets, so that we can tell you a "workaround", or the
"right way" to do it with Ant.

Nico