ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <>
Subject java.home
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:32:11 GMT
How is java.home set?

We're beginning our transition from our old build scripts to Ant. We're using Ant 1.3, and

JDK 1.3.  Our JAVA_HOME is d:\jdk1.3 - though the installer insists on creating a
c:\program files\javasoft\jre\1.3 directory as well.  %JAVA_HOME%\bin is included in the
path, and we can run any .exe in the bin directory, including java and javac.

Here's the core of my question: on some of our machines,

<echo message="java.home = ${java.home}"/>

java.home = d:\jdk1.3

while on others, it produces

java.home = c:\program files\javasoft\jre\1.3

What's going on here?

On a (possibly) related note, we've been able to get jikes working as the build
compiler, but trying to use javac just gets a "javac can't be found" message.  As
I said before, we can run javac fine from the command line.

View raw message