ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Creating EJB Deployment Descriptors
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:37:46 GMT
Another solution you might look at is using an XML file instead of a
properties file.  Then you could define your ejb-jar.xml template as an
XSL stylesheet and use Ant's style task to dynamically generate the
different EJB deployment descriptors.

If you need more info, or are unfamiliar with XSLT, I'd be willing to
post some resources that I've found helpful.

Kyle

>>> Sivaprasad.Kancherla@itsindia.com 08/08/01 05:19AM >>>
We have three ejb-jar.xml files for each EJB, one each for
development/staging/production environment. Right now we are maintaining
them as ejb-jar.xml.dev, ejb-jar.xml.stage, ejb-jar.xml.prod files. Ant
picks up the respective files depending on the environment for which the
build is made.

Now I am looking for a more elegant solution. The proposed way is as
follows. I have a ejb-jar.xml.template file and a properties file which
will contain all the values for all the environments. Reading the
respective property values, I am planning to insert them in the
ejb-jar.xml.template file using 'Replace' task of Ant.

Is this is standard way of doing this kind of stuff? Or is there any other
simple, elegant way of doing the same?

Thanks,
Siva