ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: call a JVM using different locales in one Build
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 05:55:41 GMT
On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Juergen Damke <DAMKE@de.ibm.com> wrote:

>           <sysproperty key="LANG"   value="${Search.locale}"/>
>           <sysproperty key="LC_ALL" value="${Search.locale}"/>

This will set Java properties in the form -DLANG=${Search.locale}
which will probably not be what you want, you are looking for
environment variables.

Unfortunately <java> doesn't support setting environment variables,
even if invoked in forked mode, you'll have to fall back to the <exec>
task.

> Problem is, that I do not know with which locale the JVM ist really
> called. Even the -verbose Ant parameter does not show that in the
> log.

You should try -debug and look at some properties.  In my environment
I get

Setting project property: user.timezone -> Europe/Berlin
Setting project property: user.language -> de
Setting project property: user.region -> DE

(you can as well <echo> them to avoid all the other stuff -debug
emits).

Stefan