ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tar/Tarfileset broken on Ant 1.3 ?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 06:13:56 GMT
On Mon, 06 Aug 2001, Cedric Berger <cedric@wireless-networks.com>
wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>The include pattern is supposed to be relative to the dir attribute
>>
> This is not what the example in the documentation shows.

Not true, but it is a bit obfuscated (the dir is dist.name/.., so
dist.name is a relative path with regard to that).  I've added the
following paragraph to the docs now:

*Note:* The patterns in the include and exclude elements are
considered to be relative to the corresponding dir attribute as with
all other filesets.  In the example above, ${dist.name} is not an
absolute path, but a simple name of a directory, so ${dist.name} is a
valid path relative to ${dist.name}/.. .

> If you look at (the bottom of) my original message, you will see
> that I've tryed that too, and it didn't work neither.

Sorry, didn't read down far enough. You mean this one

> java.io.FileNotFoundException: bin\catalina.sh (The system cannot find the path specified)

This means, Ant tries to include the file above, but for some reason
fails to read it - IIRC Java will throw a FileNotFoundException in
cases where it is not allowed to read a file (because the user doesn't
have the permission or some other process has opened the file for
exclusive read for example) as well.

Could you please verify that everything is OK with that file - or the
directory above?

There has also been a bug, that has been fixed in CVS, that would try
to resolve bin\catalina.sh realative to the project's basedir instead
of the tarfileset's dir attribute, but you said you have tested it
with the latest nightly build, right?

Stefan