ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What properties are available
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:58:31 GMT
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Patrick O'Hara <patrick.ohara@workscape.com>
wrote:

> I have found that the environment is not available on Win2K.

Java (>= JDK 1.1) doesn't have access to environment variables on any
platform I was aware of.

> I am wondering if these values are available as properties within
> Ant.

ANT_HOME will be the property ant.home, if and only if you invoke Ant
with the wrapper script that ships with it - JAVA_HOME is vaguely the
same as java.home, they are identical for JDK 1.1, but JDK 1.2+ make
java.home point to JAVA_HOME/jre.

More generally, to access environment variables, take a look at
<property>'s environment attribute.

> The more general question is how can I get a list of the properties
> that are available?

ant -debug

(make sure you capture the stuff somewhere as the output may be
overwhelming 8-).

Stefan