ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FER] Interactive Builds
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 05:28:44 GMT
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:

> (FER = Feature Enhancement Request)

I've seen RFE as an acronym for "Request For Enhancement" more often 8-)

> It would be beneficial in some circumstances to have an interactive
> build.

Yep - this is on the list of things we definitely want to do - having
some means to ask the user for input - it is even on the list of
features for Ant2.

The problem is not so much the task itself, but the changes we'd need
to make to the core - we don't want to have the prompte sent to
System.out and the answer to be read from System.in when the build
itself gets run from Antidote.

Therefore we've been kicking around ideas how to abstract the prompt
and how to implement it in the current Ant1 framework - we don't get
to a conclusion in time for Ant 1.4 though.

Stefan