ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Crossley <jcross...@ifleet.com>
Subject How to make copy depend on filtersfile???
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:19:48 GMT
Hi Ant people.

I've defined some filters using a filtersfile, and I can copy some
files containing the filter tokens, and they're magically populated
with the values from the filtersfile.  So far, so good.

My problem: how to make the copy task depend not only on its
destination files but on the filtersfile itself?

Here's a snippet from my build file:

    <filter filtersfile="${deploy.props}"/>
    <copy todir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF" filtering="true">
      <fileset dir="etc"/>
    </copy>

Short of specifying 'overwrite="true"' in the copy task, how can I
make it "depend" on my filtersfile?  Touching the filtersfile will not
cause the copy task to execute since none of its source files are
newer than its destination ones.

Thanks.