ant-user mailing list archives

From Mikko Kurki-Suonio <max...@davisor.com>
Subject Re: Ordering classpath
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:27:04 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> It is possible to sort lists in Java.  It might be advantageous to support an
> attribute for filesets and patternsets called "order".  It would look like this:

Nah, this is (largely) useless.

What I'd really need is this:

If I have
 <fileset dir="foo" includesfile="bar" />

then the files would be handled in the same order as they appear in the
file "bar". Wildcard expansion can be arbitrary for all I care.

Right now, if I need to specify the order, I can't load the filenames from
a single datafile, I must hardcode them into each and every buildfile
separately.

Yeah, you shouldn't need to specify loading order -- unfortunately some
badly behaving 3rd party JARs leave no choice.

//Mikko