ant-user mailing list archives

From "Supriya Saha" <ss...@bowcutter.com>
Subject RE: java.home
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:00:22 GMT
Go to Control Panel-System and see how is the System variable JAVA_HOME is
set.

Supriya Saha
Senior Developer,
Bowcutter Technologies,
7000 Central Parkway,
Suite 1400,
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone : 770-225-3614
http://www.bowcutter.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Adams [mailto:kadams@gfs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 4:32 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: java.home

How is java.home set?

We're beginning our transition from our old build scripts to Ant. We're
using Ant 1.3, and
JDK 1.3.  Our JAVA_HOME is d:\jdk1.3 - though the installer insists on
creating a
c:\program files\javasoft\jre\1.3 directory as well.  %JAVA_HOME%\bin is
included in the
path, and we can run any .exe in the bin directory, including java and
javac.

Here's the core of my question: on some of our machines,

<echo message="java.home = ${java.home}"/>

produces

java.home = d:\jdk1.3

while on others, it produces

java.home = c:\program files\javasoft\jre\1.3

What's going on here?

On a (possibly) related note, we've been able to get jikes working as the
build
compiler, but trying to use javac just gets a "javac can't be found"
message.  As
I said before, we can run javac fine from the command line.

Kyle