ant-user mailing list archives

From "Supriya Saha" <ss...@bowcutter.com>
Subject RE: taskdef and <property> declarations
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:50:08 GMT
Yes it's a problem. My solution is that just before calling the ant task
define a local property using the parameter ${jars.dir} and use the local
property.
Let me know whether it solves your problem or not.

Best of luck,
Supriyo

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Shea [mailto:shea@gtsdesign.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 3:33 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: taskdef and <property> declarations

Oops, I don't think I gave enough details!

What I want to write is:

    <taskdef name="sqlfwk3"
            classname="com.gtsdesign.sqlfwk3.ant.Sqlfwk3Taskdef" >
        <classpath>
            <pathelement location="${jars.dir}/sqlfwk3-taskdef.jar"/>
        </classpath>
    </taskdef>

but ${jars.dir} (which is actually coming from the calling
buildfile) doesn't seem to get substituted.  If I replace the
${jars.dir} in the taskdef with its value, everything works.  I know
it's not a problem with ${jars.dir} itself, as the buildfile uses it
successfully outside the taskdef element.

Regards,

        Gary