ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject Re: com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:28:42 GMT
I've corrected my problem.
To refresh, I had ant 1.3 installed on a solaris 2.6 box with a jdk of
1.2.2_07 and it all worked fine.  Many moons later, without any changes
to Ant, it stopped working.  What I figured out was that there were
three jars added to the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory.  They were
jnet.jar, jcert.jar and jaxp.jar  After doing that, Ant started
failing.  It'd throw this nasty error

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:41)
        at
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError.<init>(FactoryConfigurationE
rror.java:68)
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:84)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.getParserFactory(ProjectHelper.java:7
06)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:8
5)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)

>From what I was able to find on the Net,
> The JAXP XXXFactory.getInstance() requires that the implementing
class be
> loaded from the same or a 'parent' classloader so you want to put
parser.jar
> in resin/lib

I then had our admin add the parser.jar into the jre/lib/ext directory
and it worked.  Appearantly, jaxp.jar and parser.jar want to be in the
same directory.  yee-haw.

/bill