ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: FTP Optional Task
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:03:28 GMT
Do you have netcomponents.jar?

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/install.html
(see the bottom of the page)

-----Original Message-----
From: john.dubchak [mailto:john.dubchak@monsanto.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 2:01 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: FTP Optional Task

Hello,

I realize this question has probably been asked a thousand times but I
can't
seem to find the solution and am getting frustrated with it...

I'm trying to create a task to ftp to a unix server from my WinNT
machine.
The task is defined as follows:

  <target name="ftp_scripts">
    <ftp server="theServer"
	 remotedir="${scripts.deploy.dir}"
	 userid="myUser"
	 password="myPassword"
	 depends="yes">
        <fileset dir="${scripts.dir}" includes="*.sh"/>
    </ftp>
  </target>

I downloaded the optional.jar file for Ant 1.3 and put it into
%ANT_HOME%\lib, but get the following error when trying to execute the
target:

C:\source\ant_builds\build.xml:128: Could not create task of type: ftp.
Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this
is an
optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John