ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: getting started...
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:19:18 GMT
Step 1, read the documentation provided by tomcat or
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/)
Step 2, browse to http://localhost/ or http://localhost:8080/  See
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml for port number
Step 3, send email to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; not
ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Step 4, have fun.

/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: zortan [mailto:zortan@ds2.pg.gda.pl]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 10:51 AM
To: ant-user
Cc: zortan
Subject: getting started...

    Hello!

    I'm new to Tomcat... The problem is... I've started Tomcat on
Win2000 in
a new window - from a shell [command: tomcat startup]... How to test it
via
examples? I've set TOMCAT_HOME, JAVA_HOME variables... Just don't know
how
to run any example... What are the first steps? There is a folder
/webapps
with some servlets but i try to run them (index.html .... ) but nothing
happens... There is one example with built.bat ...

    And.. .jsp file are not recognized... What should I set first?

    Please help me if you can...

    Best regards,
    Paul