ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Installation problems
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 18:53:47 GMT
*sigh*  This is a known issue.
You need the gnu tar (http://www.gnu.org/directory/tar.html) instead of
the tar that comes with solaris.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=98528986110779&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=98460482112823&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=98396718904044&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99564488020544&w=2
Feel free to check the archives for more information.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user

/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: rdonnip [mailto:rdonnip@uswest.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 1:49 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: rdonnip
Subject: Installation problems

Hi,
I am a newbie to ant and I am having a trouble with installing Ant on a
unix machine. I am doing the following steps.

1. I have down loaded the latest release build - that is
jakarta-ant-1_3-bin_tar.gz
2. Used gunzip and tar -xvf on the gzipped file.
3. The untaring ends with "tar: directory checksum error"
4. The untarred directory has only bin and docs directories. lib is
missing.
5. After setting path to java, class path to Xerces' jar when I try
torun 'ant -buildfile my.xml' the following error is encountered.

org/apache/tools/ant/
Main

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,