ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject javac with dependency tracking in JDK1.3
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:24:37 GMT
I want to compile with dependency tracking using ant. I tried setting the
depend attribute for javac in my build.xml file, but I am getting a message
that dependency checking is not supported by the modern compiler:
    [javac] depend attribute is not supported by the modern compiler

My target look like this:
<target name="compile" depends="prepare">
	<javac
		srcdir="${src.home}"
		destdir="${compile.to}\"
		debug="on"
		optimize="on"
		deprecation="off"
		depend="on" >
		<classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
	</javac>
</target>

I am using jdk1.3.
Anyone has any ideas on how to overcome this? I saw in the ant docs that
jikes does support that, but I am not sure what is jikes and if I should use
it or not.

Thanks guys.

  _____

Ylan Segal