ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject RE: nested targets and calling a target from a command line?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:09:41 GMT
In answer to your second queastion.. sure!!!!
You can call a target from the commando prompt:
$> ant compile

(assuming that you have the ant script for your system in the path).
That will run ant and execute the compile target. If that target has any
dependencies it will run those targets first, and if those targets in turn
have dependencies, it will run them also, and so on.

as for setting a target within a target, I don't believe it is possible, but
I also don't see why you need it. Dependencies take care of that, don't
they?

Ylan Segal
ylan@digworks.tv