ant-user mailing list archives

From "SAINI,DEEPA (Non-A-PaloAlto,ex2)" <deepa_sa...@non.agilent.com>
Subject RE: Extracting Version
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:58:55 GMT
Hi,

The way I do it in my application is store the version information in the
Manifest file and have it included in the jar file.

I'm not sure whether this is the best way of doing it. Will be glad to know
about other ways of doing it.

Regards,
Deepa.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Shah [mailto:Sachin_Shah@kaleconsultants.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 10:36 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Extracting Version

Hi,

I have an application developed i want to incorporate the version and build
information within the application such that everytime i release the
application i can get the exact version and build information. does any one
has idea how to implement this. Is this possible using ant. if yes can
anyone has code to do the same.

Thanks in advance
Sachin