ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: VisualSourceSafe and ANT
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:44:25 GMT
> I understand the individual VSS task formats, however I need
> an example of a
> complete project build script which, for example, takes files
> from VSS based
> on a label, compiles and builds etc.. (the how it all fits
> together, not
> just each VSS task). Bear with me I am a beginner!

That entirely depends on what you want to do. If, as you say, you want
to fetch from a label and compile, you'd probably have two tasks: one
which does the fetch (probably cleaning first), and one which then
compiles using the normal javac task.

I suggest you look at other build scripts first which don't necessarily
use VSS - the only thing you need to know about the VSS tasks is what
each one does individually.

Jon