ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Changing Directories
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:38:42 GMT
> Fileset in jar formation is working fine. But the package
> structure is not
> stored in tha jar files. For example if i have the class files in
> com.a.b.c.*.class then only my class files are stored in the
> jar while the
> path is not stored... How do i store the class files with the
> package names in such a situation?

You create the fileset properly - the Jar task documentation has the
following example:

<jar jarfile="${dist}/lib/app.jar"
       basedir="${build}/classes"
       includes="mypackage/test/**"
       excludes="**/Test.class"
  />

note that the basedir is just the classes directory, not
classes/mypackage/test which is what I guess you've got.

> How can i execute a update command on the jar file like "jar
> uvf ..." ?

Use the update property in Ant 1.4beta. (It's in Zip, which Jar
extends).

Jon