ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject Tasks sharing in-memory objects?
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:36:11 GMT
I apologize if this is a basic question.

Is it possible for a task to share an object that it has created with
subsequent tasks?

I am going to write some tasks to manipulate a list of items.  The first
task would load the list (it is in xml) and store it in some
global/accessible area.  Then subsequent tasks will access the list and
manipulate it. Then the final task will write it out to a resulting xml
file.

Is this possible?  Or will I be required to write the list out at the end of
a task and then read it back in at the start of a task?

Thanks!
-Mark