ant-user mailing list archives

From Euan Guttridge <EGuttri...@buildonline.com>
Subject RE: VisualSourceSafe and ANT
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:09:26 GMT
Thanks Jesse,

I understand the individual VSS task formats, however I need an example of a
complete project build script which, for example, takes files from VSS based
on a label, compiles and builds etc.. (the how it all fits together, not
just each VSS task). Bear with me I am a beginner!

Euan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Stockall [mailto:jesse@cryptocard.com]
Sent: 15 August 2001 13:40
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: VisualSourceSafe and ANT

On 15 Aug 2001 11:46:34 +0100, Euan Guttridge wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I have looked at both 1.3/1.4 optional VSS tasks but still need a few
> example build scripts to get me going as I am new to ANT. FYI 1.4 includes
> VVSCHECKOUT, VSSCHECKIN, VSSHISTORY on top of the VSSLABEL AND VSSGET
tasks.

> Could you mail me any build scripts you have written for VSS? Much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Euan.

Here are 2 examples of VSS with Ant 1.4

<!-- Get the latest from SourceSafe -->
<target name="getsource"
	depends="init"
	description="--> Get the source from SourceSafe">
	<vssget localpath="foo/bar"
    	recursive="true"
    	login="user,pass"
    	vsspath="Release 1.0/src"
    	serverPath="C:\foo\bar\VSS"/>
</target>

<!-- Label SourceSafe -->
<target name="labelsource"
	depends="getsource"
	description="--> Label SourceSafe">
       <tstamp>
       	  <format
    		property="label"
    		pattern="yy/mm/dd hh:mm"/>
       </tstamp>
	<vsslabel login="user,pass"
		vsspath="Release 1.0"
		label="${label}"
		serverPath="C:\foo\bar\VSS"/>
</target>

It's pretty straight forward, the documentation explains it well.

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442