ant-user mailing list archives

From Euan Guttridge <EGuttri...@buildonline.com>
Subject RE: VisualSourceSafe and ANT
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:46:34 GMT
Hi Jim,

I have looked at both 1.3/1.4 optional VSS tasks but still need a few
example build scripts to get me going as I am new to ANT. FYI 1.4 includes
VVSCHECKOUT, VSSCHECKIN, VSSHISTORY on top of the VSSLABEL AND VSSGET tasks.

Could you mail me any build scripts you have written for VSS? Much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Euan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Leary [mailto:jleary@pobox.com]
Sent: 15 August 2001 11:43
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: VisualSourceSafe and ANT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Euan Guttridge" <EGuttridge@buildonline.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 4:11 AM
Subject: VisualSourceSafe and ANT

> Does anyone have any example ANT scripts that integrate with
> VisualSourceSafe? Anything simple or complex would be a massive help!

Have you tried using the optional tasks VSSGET and VSSLABEL?  These are for
VSS and are provided with at least V1.3 of ant (maybe earlier, but I started
with 1.3).

I also extended the model even further (it's quite easy to do, btw), adding
VSSCLOAK, VSSDECLOAK, VSSCHECKOUT and VSSCHECKIN for my own purposes.

Jim L.