ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:53:14 GMT
[...]
> I then had our admin add the parser.jar into the jre/lib/ext
> directory
> and it worked.  Appearantly, jaxp.jar and parser.jar want to
> be in the same directory.  yee-haw.

'lib/ext' is evil.
Remove everything from this directory otherwise you are putting yourself in
trouble here.

You will have a hard time figuring it out what is in your classpath and you
will have a hard time using other version of JAXP or XML parser. You will
have also a hard time w/ DOM version since parser.jar is DOM1 if I'm not
wrong.

FYI JAXP and crimson that are available in Ant 1.4 are a bugfixed version.

Cheers,

Stephane