ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Build and Confiuration Managment with Ant... a.k.a. running A nt _ from_ JSP/Servlet
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:09:23 GMT

mmm.. I suppose that it is because 99.9999999% of users are running Ant from
the command line and not embedded :-)

> In your conclusion, you are quite correct that I can subclass
> main and, to
> be honest, I didn't think to so that's my own fault - I
> double checked and
> Main.Main() is protected, not private.  Also, I think

I'm not totally honest because all variables are private so the best thing
you can do is write your own launcher based on the couple of lines to set it
up in embedded mode :-)

> subclassing Main is
> much more useful that adding a custom security class and
> would suggest that
> it be made the reccomended option.

>  For me, the
> important thing is that I have a complete and acceptable
> solution to the
> problem, which you have provided.  You can have my soap-box back :-)

I hope so. :-)

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France