ant-user mailing list archives

From Will Dyke <will.d...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject RE: User property overridden in nested ant scripts
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:21:46 GMT

Actually, you don't need the <property ...> inside the <ant> tags
So this works:

<project name="fakebuild" default="wrapper" basedir=".">
  <target name="wrapper">
    <property name="whoami" value="apps"/>
    <ant antfile="dummy.xml" target="build-deploy" inheritAll="true"/>
  </target>
</project>

I think I started writing these scripts before I understood ant's
property inheritance rules. However, before this discussion, I
certainly wasn't aware of this rule for spawned ants, but I can
definitely see its use.

Thanks again,
Will

BBC, unless specifically stated.