ant-user mailing list archives

From Daisy Guo <Daisy....@everypath.com>
Subject RE: Setting a property value by default and as a parameter
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:43:03 GMT
set your default value in your build file as a property, when the user
specify anything from command line, it will overwrite the one in build file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Gibbs [mailto:dgibbs@smartsynch.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 5:01 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Setting a property value by default and as a parameter

I am trying to set a property variable with a default value and also give
the user the ability to change it from the command line. Does anyone have a
good way of doing this?

Currently I am setting an environment variable each time that I want to
change the default location of my source code. We are using ClearCase and I
have several views that I would like to build from at anytime. I have all of
the build script using a cchome variable that I need to have a default value
for as well as being able to set it from the command line.

Thanks,
Derek Gibbs