ant-user mailing list archives

From cnsxx...@netscape.net
Subject RE: RE: private
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:02:08 GMT
Thanks for the info,

It's certainly a usable workaround which I may have to employ.

But I'm surprised that this isn't either a current feature or a feature planned for Ant 2.

Is there a reason why this doesn't exist?

Thanks

Chris
-=-=-=

SimonRichardson2@halifax.co.uk wrote:

>Would you settle for setting a property in your main <target> and then
>perform a check for it on your *private* <target>?  Probably not, it's a bit
>of a hack!  But, I've included a build xml file anyway ..
>
><project name="test" default="main" basedir=".">
>    <target name="B" if="_internal_call">
>        <echo message="Hello B"/>
>    </target>
>    <target name="A" depends="B" if="_internal_call">
>        <echo message="Hello A"/>
>    </target>
>    <target name="set_internal_call">
>        <property name="_internal_call" value="false"/>
>    </target>
>    <target name="main" depends="set_internal_call,A">
>        <echo message="Hello Main"/>
>    </target>
></project>
>

>Simon

Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax Financial
Services Marketing Group for the purposes of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions
and unit trust business.  The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
 Switchboard 01422 333333.