ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Goldstein <sdgol...@MailAndNews.com>
Subject Accessing properties in Script Task
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:17:25 GMT
After finding a .jar file conflict, I finally got the script task to work
using javascript.

However, I'm having problems getting and setting system properties.

First, I'm trying to get properties using System.getProperty().  I can
successfully get the "user.dir" property, but I can't get the "basedir"
property.  In addition, I can't get any properties that I set within the same
target.

Secondly, I can't set a property for later access.  I would like to call
System.setProperty("key", value) to set a property for later use inside
another target.  But, when I try to echo a message with the property using the
syntax ${key}, I get a message that the property has not been set.

Is this improper use of the script tag?  Has anyone else been able to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

"Just a mirror for the sun...
 My smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun."