ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject Re: Conditional
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:09:51 GMT
Jack Woehr wrote:

> Have 1.4beta2 now.
>
> Docs are improved! Thanx.
>
> <conditional> is nice but one still has to write a lot of targets.
>
> I  suggest you still need some new attributes for two elements
>
>     * expr for property
>           * <property name="answer.to.life.universe.and.everything"
>             expr="41 + ${one}"/>
>     * if,then,else for antcall
>           * <antcall if="${my.conditional}" then="my.true.target"
>             else="my.false.target"/>
>
> unless I've missed something very simple here.
>
>--
>Jack J. Woehr     # "I never worry that all hell will break loose.
>Senior Consultant #  I worry that half hell will break loose, which
>Purematrix, Inc.  #  is much harder to detect." - George Carlin

I'd like to see the "if" and "unless" attributes on sequential.  That would
be extremely helpful:

    <condition property="do.it"> ... </condition>

    <sequential if="do.it">
   </sequential>

   <sequential unless="do.it">
   </sequential>

 a little more wordy than what you suggest, but i think it would cut
down hugely on the
number of targets that you would need to make.

any opposition to this if i submit a patch?

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation