ant-user mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@silveregg.co.jp>
Subject How to handle conflicting properties in nested build files.
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 03:30:29 GMT
We have several projects which we would like to be able to build as one
large project.
This can easily be accomplished by using the ant task to call the
build.xml files of the individual sub projects.

The problem that we are having is that the main project defines a property
		<property name="bin.dir" value="${basedir}/bin"/>
Then the sub projects do the same. The sub projects build fine when ant
is run on them as standalone builds, but when their builds are spawned
using the ant task, the attempt to set the bin.dir property in the sub
project is ignored as the property has already been set.

		Override ignored for bin.dir

This results in build targets being placed in the wrong directories.

I can think of a few workarounds to make this all work, but I was
wondering what the recommended method for handling situations like this
is for Ant.

Thanks in advance,
Leif