ant-user mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>
Subject Re: Jikes dramas
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:30:13 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Can we see the debug line where Jikes is invoked please? It may give a clue
>
> Conor

Not sure what you mean by 'debug line' here...

This is gdb where dump (unfortunately no symbols for now):

GNU gdb 5.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux".
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/jikes -classpath
/usr/local/ant/lib/optional.jar:/usr/local/ant/lib/ja'.
#0  0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x0 in ?? ()
#1  0x40051698 in ?? ()
#2  0x40053133 in ?? ()
#3  0x8264ed5 in ?? ()
#4  0x821c555 in ?? ()
#5  0x822ea88 in ?? ()
#6  0x80c6a9e in ?? ()
#7  0x81f5308 in ?? ()
#8  0x81f4e2f in ?? ()
#9  0x400ac2ae in ?? ()

Which shows that jikes died with a segfault.

My build file has this:

<property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>

and this

<javac srcdir="${build.document}/${target.name}"/>

where ${build.document} is one of the directories where documents go and
${target.name} is either 'prod' or 'test'. Other tasks use this thing a
lot as well, so I don't think that's where the problem is. It happens
when I attempt to compile anything else with jikes.

The confusing part here is that when jikes complied for glibc-2.2 is
used, standalone compilations are fine. But when called from Ant, it
dumps the core. So, there must be something different in the way jikes
is called from Ant then from the shell... And yet, the version compiled
for glibc-2.1 works fine. This could be one of those infamous
RedHat-7.0-we-used-a-bad-compiler-to-create-it things, who knows...

I'm compiling new jikes now and I'll try that. I'll do a -g compile as
well so that we get symbols from the crash. I've tried the version from
Rawhide, but that has the same problem.

Bojan