ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject Re: passing fileset as a property
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:46:54 GMT
Fiedler, Raul wrote:

>"yeah, I've been trying to do this too. Is this feature beyond the
>capabilities of Ant?"
>
>I am looking for possibility to define a group of filees (fileset) as a
>property and perform different task with it.
>Example jar fileset or delete fileset.
>
>Is there another approach to it or maybe add this one to suggestions for ANT
>1.5???
>
>Thanks a lot.
>Raul

I would try creating the filesets, and assigning them id's.  Then you
could pass
in the id as a paramter to a function, and do your stuff:

<fileset id="abc" .. >
</fileset>

<target name="delete_fileset">
  <delete>
    <fileset refid="${filesetid}" />
  </delete>
</target>

<target name="test">
  <antcall target="delete_fileset">
    <parameter name="filesetid" value="abc" />
  </antcall>
</target>

I'm not entirely sure this will work.  But it's worth a try.
It all depends on how the refid attribute is processed, and whether
or not it allows for variable expansion (ie. expanding "${filesetid}"
into "abc").

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation